Interactive Panel Discussion—Challenges and Opportunities in Using BioSMB™ or other Multi-Column Approaches for Downstream Processing
Presented at: the IBC Antibody Production Conference San Diego, CA, March 13, 2008
Panel members: Jorg Thommes, Biogen Idec; Tim Tressel, Amgen;
Marc Bisschops, Tarpon Biosystems; and Pete Gagnon, Validated Biosystems. Topics:
- What is the impact of a SMB process step on product quality?
- What are the opportunities for an entire disposable process train?
- What are the regulatory concerns in implementation?
- What elements should be considered in a SMB bench scale evaluation and predictive scale up?
- How much savings in chromatographic media and buffer consumption can be achieved in a representative process?
- How does simulation and process modeling help in optimizing a full scale process?